Thursday, July 4, 2013

Rising Green

Rising Green

Chaos erupts for members of a scientific expedition on a remote island when Sage, the team's botanist, is impregnated with the spores of an alien plant form. She's always been the crew's "ice princess" but now something's changed. Now something is driving her, raging through her, compelling her to screw every man on the desolate, godforsaken rock. Again and again and again. What the very appreciative men don't realize is that each illicit interaction, each hedonistic commingling, takes its toll on them as well. And no one can survive the torturous pleasure unscathed.


I love the short stories in the Shivers line. They never fail to give me just the right amount of scary smuttastic reads I am looking for. Rising Green is a good example of a story you just wouldn't expect to be hot, but is. When I first heard about the plot, I thought of that movie where the alien goes around impregnating women and watching them blow up. Not sexy. This is. lol.

When Sage escapes the confines of the base to get away from the testosterone overload, she encounters a strange plant that puffs a cloud of spores all over her, sending her into unconsciousness. When she wakes, it is to the sensual ministrations of a very attentive plant. It made me wish I had one of those instead of the half dead ficus in my living room, let me tell you! This is a very naughty plant and it takes Sage places no ordinary houseplant would ever dream of. (darn). Getting back to the base, the "ice queen" has morphed into a sexual tigress and no man is safe.

This story was hot and the horror part of it was a little like Alien, but hotter. Loved it and hope there are more to come.

5/5

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such an awesome review. Alien is one of my favorite movies. I am so honored!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!