Monday, February 3, 2014

Red on the Moon: A Visit with Rhiannon Wellman




1. How did you start writing erotic romance?
    By accident, i found a erotic story online and when I'd read all i could find I decided to have a go myself.
2. Plotter or pantster?
    A little of both, I have a general idea of where I'm going with a story but I'm never sure how I'm going to get there.
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk?
    Desk?  um well I have my laptop and my note pad that come with me everywhere. I don't actualy have a desk, but i always have a cold drink with me,my cat tends to follow me and I'm never without my phone.
4. Favorite food?
    Curry
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you?
    I've always liked shifter stories especially and I wanted to write one of my own. I love both my characters in this book for different reasons. Lucas and Toby will always have a special place in my heart. I can see myself writing another story with them in, they might even have a walk on in another story. 
6. I write because ____...
    Because I love to write, It's more a need to get the stories out of my head.
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about?
    Like most girls I love my bad boys, a man with a bit of grit to him.
8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote?    
    I wrote a short story once that was basically a very long sex scene broken up by the need to eat and sleep. I included several kinks, toys, and logs of lovely detail.... I might even dig that out and see if i can brush it up a little.
9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field?
    Don't give up, you might get a few rejections, find out if there's anything particular they didn't like to give you something to work on. 
10. What is next on your writerly horizon?
    I have four stories on the go at the moment, I'm hoping to have one finished in the next few weeks, it's nearly done but i need to add a few things then read it over one last time. 
 



 
Social and buy links

Blurb:
There is a killer rampaging through San Francisco, killing on every full moon. Under the delusion convinced that he is a werewolf that needs to kill. Little does this ruthless killer know that the police officer tasked with catching him is a true werewolf. Lucas Donald has one of the best solve rates in the state, he's not happy that he's been saddled with a new partner on such an important case. That is until he met Toby Devin. Possibly the most beautiful man he's ever seen. Together they will crack the case and find what each has always wanted, someone who's perfect for them.

Excerpt:

Making a snap decision Lucas followed Toby into their office and closed the door.
 "Toby perhaps you should stay here and co-ordinate the operation with the Captain, or go to a different area," Lucas suggested hopefully.
 Toby crossed his arms and glared at Lucas as if daring him to repeat himself. "How about you stay here and I'll go without you?" he suggested.
 "You're not going out there without me," Lucas said angrily, crossing the room and getting into Toby's personal space.
 Toby smirked. "So what makes you think I'll let you out there without me?"
 "I, well, I... Damn it Toby," Lucas virtually shouted in exasperation. "Why won't you back down? What makes you so different?"
 "Shut up and get out of my way. We have a case to solve. I won't ever back down when I'm not the one in the wrong and if you think I'm going to, then you're going to be sorely disappointed."
 That was the moment; the exact second, that Lucas was sure, beyond reason, that Toby was intended to be his mate. He couldn't hold back the growl of arousal that escaped his lips moments before he brought them crashing down on Toby's.
 Toby pulled back gasping. "We are not having sex in our office," he said firmly.
 "Aww, but..." Lucas teased pushing Toby into his chair.
 "Anyone could walk in," Toby panted.
Lucas could smell the arousal coursing through his partner. It was intoxicating.
 "I'm not going to fuck you. But I need you too bad not to have you," Lucas walked over and locked the door before returning and dropping to his knees between Toby's legs.
 "What exactly did you have in mind?"
"I want to see if you taste as good as you look," Lucas said, smirking at Toby's groan. "You best keep quiet. You don't want anyone coming to see what all the noise is about, do you?" Lucas undid Toby's trousers and encouraged him to lift up enough for him to pull them down to his knees.


Rhiannon has been making up stories as long as she can remember, admittedly they had less sex in back then. She never goes anywhere without a pen and notebook, and has often been known to stop mid conversation get a glazed look in her eye and need to write down a line, or even an entirely new plot line to add to her ever growing 'to do' pile.
Rhiannon's approach to writing, and life, is best described by the following conversation with her very understanding, and often bemused husband.
"You got bit by the plot bunny again didn't you?"
"Um maybe"
"Small bunny or big one?"
"It was a tiger in a cunning disguise."
When she's not writing she has a full time job and a family who she loves very much, she's very grateful for all the wonderful things in her life and hopes to keep writing for a long time. Working on her books is Rhiannon's escapism, she can lose herself in different worlds and situations, if for no other reason that’s the she will write for as long as she is able to hold a pen and paper and type on her ever present laptop.

So far Rhiannon has been published with Breathless Press three times, and plans to stay with them as long as she can feeling she's found a home with them and is quite happy to stay there in the company of like-minded people.
As Rhiannon likes to talk quite a lot she set up a page on face book where people can come and get information as it happens. She will respond to all messages sent to her, currently the page only has a little over 100 likes, but considering the short time she has had the page Rhiannon is thrilled with the response she's gotten.

She also has a blog, that’s updated as often as she can think of witty and interesting things to say, which is never as often as she'd like.
Rhiannon also has an account on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!