Monday, September 22, 2014

Breathless Monday: The Gift


1.       How did you start writing erotic romance?
Because all I think of is sex! Just kidding…kinda. In all seriousness though, it was kinda on accident. I always wrote romance, but as I got older the spice just drifted in.
2.       Plotter or pantster?
A little bit of both…at least in the start. After I get going, it's all fair game from there!
3.       What are three things you have on your writing desk?

I'll tell you what I don't have on my desk. Space.
4.       Favorite food?

Tacos. With a bunch of sour cream! MMMMM
5.       Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you?

The Gift features a married couple celebrating their tenth anniversary. Sheryl, my heroine decides to have a naked painting commissioned, wanting to give Daniel something other than a tie or shirt. But regret sets in, and she makes a mad effort to hide the sporadic gift from her husband.
It would definitely have to be Sheryl that spoke the loudest. Why? I think she and I are a lot alike! *still wearing my clothes…atm*
6.       I write because ____...
I was cursed…with an imagination that threatens to explode my head if I don't get it on paper!
7.       What is your favorite type of character to write about?

I actually enjoy the side characters, or supporting cast. Sometimes they are the ones that get to have all the fun.
8.       What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote?
I have to say this entire Flirt is the sexiest thing I have written to date…curious yet?
9.       What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field?
Do what feels natural.
10.   What is next on your writerly horizon?

A series! I am seriously contemplating getting one going.

Blurb:

It's Sheryl and Daniel's tenth anniversary, and Sheryl is compelled to get her beloved soul mate the gift of all gifts. Discarding her normally self-reserved persona, she has a nude portrait commissioned. He was bound to love it…wasn’t he?

Buy Link
Excerpt:
My chest tightened, and I had to take slow, calming breaths to steady my quivering limbs as I maintained eye contact. I had waited years for this moment; defeating modesty with a blatant desire to shed the snow from its covered mountain peak. I prayed I wouldn't pass out before the overdue climax reached fruition.
His tongue darted out and he licked the corners of his mouth hungrily, squinting in concentration. "One more touch," he promised with a whisper. He then threw his head back and bellowed. "Finished!"
I pulled the sheets over my nudity, suddenly embarrassed. My clammy palms smeared the soft fabric with wet streaks as I wrung the material between shaky fingers. I waited for him to speak—to say anything. With pursed lips, he occasionally produced a clicking sound as his tongue bounced off of his front teeth.
I willed his words to come. But silence was the one thing I found to be the most charming of his many qualities. Without words, he couldn't criticize me...or my newest fetish. My endeavor was safe with this almost mime.
He grunted loudly and twisted his body back and forth. A long stretch pulled him to his tiptoes as his head fell back to blow kisses at the popcorn ceiling. He lowered his gaze slowly and devoured my form from crown to toe, like a lion inspecting his prey. The deep blue of his eyes hid his thoughts, just as the ocean concealed buried treasure.
The review:
This short was hot and steamy and when I started it I totally had to go back and figure out just what the scene was I had just read. Wow! When Sheryl sets out to get Daniel something for their anniversary she is nervous about her gift. Her concern proves unjustified as Daniel shows her just what he thinks of his sexy wife all these years later. This was a great little romp and I loved it!
4.5/5





Ishabelle Torry is a full time mother, wife and student. She enjoys time with her family, and their plethora of pets on the farm. In her spare time, she is constantly dreaming of characters and the worlds they are found in. Occasionally, Ishabelle has been known to argue with her characters and bribe them with cookies when they have a wayward moment.
You can find Ishabelle on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/IshabelleTorry
Or Follow on Twitter @ishabelletorry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!